5 Easy Steps to getting a Home Care Package
• Around my home with cleaning, meal preparation or transport to appointments or shopping?
• With personal care including bathing, dressing or grooming?
If you answered “Yes” to any of the above, then:
Call the Government My Aged Care Team on 1800 200 422 or visit www.myagedcare.gov.au
They will register you over the phone and arrange an appointment to be assessed for a Home Care Package
Assessment for a Home Care Package:
• The Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) will visit your home and assess you for a Home Care Package
• If eligible, you will receive approval of your package (and level) from My Aged Care within 10 days
• It can take between 6 to 12 months to be allocated a package.
While you are waiting for your Home Care Package allocation, contact Approved Providers in your area:
• They will provide you with information, their fees and proposed hours of care per week
• They may visit you to discuss your care needs
Once you receive you Home Care Package Allocation Letter:
• You have 56 days to choose your provider and enter into a Home Care Package agreement
• Services will start normally within 14 days
• You can change your Approved Provider at anytime and transfer your funds
What is Home Care Package able to do?
Once client obtains approval of my aged care assessment,
it is available to begin with HCP(Home Care Package) funded by Australian Government.
Providing services are as below,
Dream Daycare & Social Outing
* Free pick up & drop off
* General Inquiries: 1800 841 777